DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
This role is the first hire on the (strategic) finance side of DataCamp reporting to our VP of Finance. You will take the lead on all Financial Planning and Analysis responsibilities and support the VP of Finance with other (strategic) finance related responsibilities.
- Leading the quarterly/ annual budgeting and rolling/long term forecasting process
- Maintaining weekly cash planning and liquidity management across the 3 DataCamp entities
- Collaborating with the accounting team on monthly close and finance processes
- Driving the monthly budget vs actuals process
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual plan vs actuals reporting towards the management team, investors and other stakeholders
- Improving our reporting and forecasting on key SaaS metrics, e.g. LTV, CAC, ARPU, pay-back, net/gross retention
- Working with the (finance) data scientist(s) in building and maintaining relevant dashboards and reports
- Supporting selected departmental heads in financial decision making and planning
- Delivering ad-hoc financial analysis and tools, e.g. business cases
- Supporting variable pay calculations in collaboration with the Chief Revenue Officer/ Revenue Operation teams, e.g. sales commissions or other bonus schemes
- Automating and increasing the efficiency of all processes you own
In addition there will be plenty of opportunity to support our VP of Finance with other (strategic) financial responsibilities, e.g. fundraising, insurance, order to cash process and optimizations, etc… on an as-needed basis and as interests you.
You will work closely with the accounting team (Director of Accounting and 3 direct reports) but this role is not an operational finance or accounting/ controller role. This would be a great opportunity for anyone wanting to get a 360° view of all finance processes in an international and fast growing SaaS company and wanting to lay the foundation of a best in class FP&A function.
You will be working out of our UK/London office (opportunity to WFH a few days a week) and report to the VP of Finance based in Belgium. You will interact frequently with other teams in Belgium, the UK and the US.
What we’re looking for
- Quantitative or business oriented master degree and a few years of experience in either consulting, investment banking and/or a finance or FP&A focussed role in a SAAS environment
- A previous experience as the finance partner to a commercial organization, either B2C or B2B focussed (short term forecasts, commissions, quota and headcount planning, providing finance support to growth initiatives and investments, etc…)
- An interest in all aspects of the finance function of a company and specifically a willingness to further learn the ins and outs of the SaaS business model
- In more detail:
- You have a solid understanding of financial statements (P&L, Cashflow and Balance Sheet)
- You are able to build and automate a full operational and financial model (revenue, COGS and opex)
- You master Excel and/or Google Sheets and love to discover new functionality to make your work easier
- You can build a good board/management level presentation
- You are familiar with SQL, and ideally have some knowledge/exposure to R, Python or other programming languages
- You are analytical and structured, love numbers and know how to translate those in actionable business insights
- You have proven that you can do this in a fast paced environment
- You can work with peers from a variety of functions
- You present your ideas in a clear and concise way and are able to convince others to act on them
- You read financial blogs and/or annual reports and you actually find it interesting and engaging
- You are comfortable working in a 100% English speaking environment
- Nice to have but absolutely not essential: experience with one or more (SaaS) FP&A (e.g. Vena, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights) and/or data visualization (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) and/or order to cash/ subscription management tools (e.g. Zuora, Chargebee, Recurly)
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a personal development budget and external training.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up)
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
- Generous benefit package, more details and depends on location
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.