The Strategic Finance team is focused on solving some of Figma’s most pressing business issues. The team is responsible for owning the company’s budget, driving annual and quarterly planning processes, allocating and deploying the company’s resources efficiently, performing financial analyses, and partnering with all departments across the company. The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, a great communicator, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll get substantial exposure across the company, focus on the highest-priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Support our GTM planning processes, and own the underlying financial forecast models, systems, and tools. Serve as thought partner to ensure they have the necessary resources to invest in key initiatives
- Drive alignment on KPIs and key metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, growth initiatives, business performance, and provide visibility into operating performance
- Develop a deep understanding of Figma’s customers and most influential business drivers. Use this expertise to convey data driven insights and recommendations in areas such as: sales & marketing efficiency, resource allocation(ie, sales segments, marketing channels, geographies), new product opportunities, pricing & packaging
- Own underlying queries for ARR reporting. Partner with Data Science and Sales Ops to ensure accuracy and flexibility
- Implement a best-in-class planning system that will scale with Figma for 5+ years
- Prepare presentations and key reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Team
Some projects you could work on:
- Partner with GTM Leadership and Sales Ops to build the 2022 Financial Plan. Validate top of funnel targets including MQLs, pipeline, and close rates. Allocate resources to optimize for growth and efficiency
- Develop unit economics framework to measure business efficiency and inform annual budgeting. Benchmark company performance against relevant SaaS comps.
- Incorporate GTM metrics into monthly board reporting package. Automate reporting via self-serve dashboard for weekly Executive review and discussion
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and develop concrete action plans
- Are highly entrepreneurial “roll up your sleeves” mindset
- Have strong financial modeling experience
- Have the ability to quickly identify and methodically resolve potential road-blocks
- Have a deep understanding of B2B SaaS businesses, metrics, and customer lifecycle. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate opportunities and risks, and drive focus toward the metrics that matter most
- Have excellent presentation and written skills and the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues and financial results to business leaders
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, Strategic Finance, Business Operations, or related fields — preferably for a high growth B2B SaaS business
- Experience with SQL is preferred
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.