Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a generalist with a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals to make Figma’s Infrastructure platform secure, powerful and fast. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and first-principles approach to design and build scalable Infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tool. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space. Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s innovative tools for design and collaboration.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Work with engineers across the company to build innovative new features that operate at scale.
- Help debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience building infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- Are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure.
- Care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mentality and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- Have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles and have a bias for action.
- Have excellent technical communication skills.
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.