Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Enterprise is a full stack web engineering team building the features that enable companies of all sizes to successfully adopt and manage Figma, from two-person teams to the Fortune 500. As an engineer on Enterprise, you’ll work closely with a small team on features that drive adoption and growth of Figma. The work you’ll do will have lasting and outsized impact on Figma as a successful business. And as a member of our team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills as the team grows and takes on new challenges.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals, a track record of high quality engineering, and a growth mindset and passion for learning. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture – you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. As one of the first engineers joining the NYC office, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow the office culture for years to come. If you’d like to join us on our mission to make design accessible to all, let’s talk!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate with designers, PMs, and other engineers to plan features and break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- Build, document, and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
- Help grow the Figma New York office into Figma’s first true satellite office
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have fluency with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Have experience doing software engineering in a collaborative environment
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a growth mindset and enthusiasm about learning and growing as an engineer
- Have interest and experience with building for a modern enterprise audience, or working on billing or permissions infrastructure
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Product features that unblock adoption across new categories of customers
- Iterating on core aspects of the identity, authentication, and permissions infrastructure
- Building new pricing tiers and more flexible billing models
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.