Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a desktop engineer to join our native apps team and continue making our desktop app the best way to experience Figma on macOS and Windows. The Figma engineering team is highly collaborative and most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture — you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to ensure the best desktop experience for Figma
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our desktop application and related tools
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Familiar with statically typed languages like TypeScript
- Experience/ability to learn and work in multiple languages (TypeScript, C++, Rust)
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Some projects you could work on:
- Figma desktop application (Electron/TypeScript/C++)
- Figma Editor (C++/TypeScript)
- Figma Agent (Rust)
Read more about our team:
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.