Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma’s mission is to make design accessible to everyone. By being browser-based, Figma has removed the barrier that existed between designers and their collaborators.
Our users are not just designers, but also the entire team(especially developers!) who work together to create the best possible product. Teams are always one URL click away from real time brainstorming and iteration. Figma’s collaborative workflows also include version control tooling for large design files and rich developer hand-off.
Most of Figma’s collaborative surfaces are built on Typescript and React/Redux. This allows us to develop rapidly while maintaining type safety guardrails. Our backend APIs are written in Ruby/Sinatra primarily and most data is stored in a relational database or file storage.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Tackle complex technical problems like optimizing react rendering to 60 fps or finding the fastest way to diff two large tree data structures.
- Wear your product hat to help the team build innovative products that bring delight to our users.
- Build a high quality product consistent with the Figma product and its brand.
- Build strong personal connections with your teammates and help shape Figma’s culture.
Some projects you could work on:
- Github for design files with full support for branching, conflict resolution, and comments
- Support Open Design and enable community generated content inside of the Figma editor
- Synchronous collaboration suite: audio, multiplayer cursor, follows, and live reactions
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- An interest in learning from others and digging into new challenges.
- An inclusive and collaborative attitude towards building features, solving problems, and growing teams.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Explore the Figma Community
- Behind the feature: comments, contextually
- React at 60fps: improving scrolling comments in Figma
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma’s next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.