The days of learning data science by passively consuming video lectures are over. Real learning takes place when a student’s hands are on the keyboard, writing code, working with data, and solving problems. If you agree, keep reading!
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Senior Product Manager, you’d build user-focused experiences across the platform to lead our product-led growth strategy.
- Increase product-qualified leads via product-led growth (including freemium, free trials and the purchase funnels) to drive revenue.
- Determine the vision and strategy of your product area that are aligned with the company’s goals and mission, accounting for user input and available information/data.
- Independently produce a roadmap based on data and user insights that your squad and the company rallies around.
- Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing and shipping products. This includes backlog prioritization and defining product requirements, as well as celebrating team successes while owning/fixing failures.
- Work daily with a team of skilled engineers, data analysts and designers to drive growth for the business while obsessing over the user journey and experience.
- Have a need for speed. Be impatient and crave results as quickly as possible, while keeping morale high. Improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and squads depending on the various initiatives driving product-led growth.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Content to ensure successful launches of solutions.
- Determine and follow-through on your team’s metrics for success while cultivating collaboration and alignment. This includes creating and managing a data-driven framework to measure the success of new and existing product features (engagement metrics, etc.).
- Using data (writing scripts if needed) and running A/B tests to inform user-centric product decisions.
- Independently analyze data (including writing/running queries in SQL or R) to understand user behaviors/actions and make product decisions accordingly.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has 3+ years of Product Management experience bringing software products from concept to launch in product-led growth.
- Has experience building products with a holistic perspective of what makes sense for a user in an end-to-end user journey as opposed to solely local optimizations.
- Is organized, analytical and outcome-oriented
- Has a strong focus on numbers to prove that initiatives are driving growth.
- Has an interest in data science and online education
- Can operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects
- Is intellectually curious and user-obsessed.
- Is comfortable programming in Python, R or SQL
- Has already completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Has a strong command of English and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is collaborative and motivated, with ability to execute swiftly
- Has a technical understanding from a software engineering perspective
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to solve interesting problems
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Working with a great team towards a shared goal (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.