We want you to help us take WordPress, Woo, Simplenote, Tumblr, and other native apps for Android and iOS to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones, such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress, Woo, Tumblr, and Simplenote experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
Let‘s talk about you. The Senior Mobile Quality Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Deeply understand test methodologies, such as functional, integration, regression, globalization, localization, and performance testing.
- Are familiar with mobile testing, both iOS and Android.
- Are disciplined, with an eye for detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Triage efficiently, prioritizing issues by the highest impact and scope. You know how to get the right bugs fixed.
- Are comfortable in a collaborative, agile, and distributed development environment.
- Are unabashedly customer focused.
- Are an evangelist for quality who is willing to spread proven methodologies and quality mindset to the rest of the engineering org. You are always looking for a better way to do things.
- Can quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- Have the ability to objectively evaluate overall release quality and advise on go/no-go decisions.
- Are highly collaborative, love participating in code reviews, and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
These are exciting times at Automattic and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Mobile Engineers – Thuy, Elisa, and Aaron!
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.