About DataCamp and the role
DataCamp has always been about building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. However, many of our learners face significant struggles as they start actually doing data work. From setting up your machine, over proper sharing controls and collaboration, to deploying insights for others to see and figuring out which insights are still up to date: the full data science workflow is daunting for the citizen data scientist.
Just like learning data science, doing data science work should be easy, enjoyable, and collaborative. With DataCamp Workspace, we want to enable anyone, from anywhere and on any device, to access relevant data online, and to create visualizations, reports, and dashboards from their favorite tool or IDE and share it with fellow data professionals. We want to enable teams to seamlessly collaborate online in real time as well as asynchronously. We want teams to have basic version and quality control automatically built in. The end result should be a centralized insights layer for organizations of any size. In other words, we want to make it as easy to do data science on your own (or your company’s) data as it is to take a DataCamp course. Check out this blog post for more background information about why we’re building DataCamp Workspace.
We are looking for a senior growth engineer to take end-to-end ownership of product-led growth initiatives to boost the adoption of and engagement on DataCamp Workspace. You will join a cross-functional team of excellent product engineers, designers, domain specialists, and data scientists to support you in this work. If you like challenges, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to work in a higly competitive market, continue reading.
- Collaborate with data scientists and product managers to identify new opportunities to boost usage and virality of DataCamp Workspace.
- Define new product-led growth initiatives from a functional and technical perspective.
- Write, deploy and maintain the code to materialize these initiatives. You’ll work in the frontend (React), backend (TypeScript), and infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS)
- Track and communicate how initiatives perform and assess whether they have the expected impact.
Our ideal candidate
- Is a product-minded engineer who is passionate about maximizing the impact of their work.
- Has strong technical background combined with an mindset prototyping in production
- Has 3+ years of web development experience using technologies like React, NodeJS, on both frontend and backend.
- Is result-oriented, using a data-driven approach to tell which initiatives are driving growth.
- Writes clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- Is a team player with excellent collaboration skills who is also able to work independently and figure things out.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit focussed on problem-solving.
- Has an interest in data science and/or education.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)