Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are looking for an experienced sales operations specialist to support our growing sales team. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor for all deal related matters and partner with adjacent groups like Finance & Accounting, Marketing and Legal. This role is critical to enabling Figma to scale global revenue across our self-service engine and assisted sales motions. As an early member of the team, this is a unique opportunity to define new sales operations processes from the ground up.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Ensure our CRM accurately reflects customer enrichment data
- Reviews, interprets, and confirms contract terms and conditions
- Acts as the primary liaison between multiple groups to help facilitate the deal process and ensures accurate contract data
- Contribute to sales process and technology enhancement initiatives
- Adhere to a same-day response commitment
- Participate in ad hoc or special projects as needed
- Partner with adjacent groups like Finance & Business Operations, Marketing and Legal
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, or Business Operations, preferably in high volume SaaS
- Experience with Salesforce.com and preferably other tools such as Outreach, Clearbit, Ironclad
- Passionate about optimizing the sales process and the ability to navigate complex sales cycles
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
Read more about our team
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.