Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are looking for an experienced Sales Enablement Specialist specializing in Knowledge and Program Management to support our growing sales team. As an early member of the team, this is a unique opportunity to define sales enablement process from the ground up.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Own our Knowledge Management System to ensure sales can easily find the most current information needed throughout the sales cycle.
- Own the planning + delivery of programs via our Learning Management System and other delivery tools
- Partner with the program owners to scope and document the program objectives, deliverables and approach
- Help craft and maintain project plans, identifying gaps and ensuring progress to agreed deliverables
- Support the design and delivery of blended learning materials via a combination of live instructor-led training, virtual, e-learning and asynchronous content
- Partner with Product Marketing for rollout of new marketing collateral and other essential product information to build digestible content
- Assist in providing continuous learning opportunities for the Sales team, understanding product change and crafting digestible content
- Assist with coordination and rollout of large scale events such as Sales Kickoff and internal Quarterly Business Reviews
Some projects you could work on:
- Optimize our existing Knowledge Management System to include all of our resources and build a process to keep it up to date
- Assess existing content and make it easily digestible for both onboarding and ever-boarding purposes
- Manage our internal programming schedule and work with internal partners to execute on making each session informative and curated
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- 3+ years Enablement, Program Management or other relevant experience
- Ability to represent, collate and organize complex concepts into a curriculum that sales professionals can absorb and apply
- Ability to adapt curriculum or delivery of content based on different learning styles and personalities
- Creative and positive attitude with deep level of care in helping other succeed
- Proven ability to run Enablement projects and experience with Knowledge Management Systems
- A collaborative working style, with experience working across the company and building consensus with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
- The ability to excel in executing, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines at a fast pace, in a constantly evolving environment.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.