Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As Product Manager for the Editor Experience team, you will work on the heart of our design tool— typography/fonts, vector graphics, layout, import/export, as well as the overall UI for the entire editor. This is a broad scope and it covers a huge portion of what makes Figma a beloved tool by so much of the design community.
As PM for the Editor Experience team, you will become an expert in how designers work every day, and bring that learning back to the team. You will advocate for fixing the tiny things that make a difference, such as details of how graphics work, as well as big bets on where the design industry might be heading in the future.
And because Figma is used by so many of the leading software companies, you will be in a unique position to advance the state of the art for how UX design in our entire industry works.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Develop a strategy to guide the core features of Figma given the thousands of different ideas that people have for how Figma could improve.
- Work with your team to explore new, innovative feature ideas that advance the state of the art in design.
- Do all the things you’d expect in a PM, like driving planning and prioritization, defining and tracking key metrics, collaborating on marketing, messaging, positioning, and go-to-market plans
- Work closely with other editor PMs on projects like interoperability with Figma & FigJam, community integrations with the editor, extending plugin functionality, and more.
Some projects you could work on:
- Improving auto layout to make it more powerful while simplifying the UI
- Mapping out an accessibility strategy, which may include improvements to the Figma UI(contrast, keyboard navigability, etc.) as well as tools to help people generate accessible content as they do their own work
- Exploring concepts for how a next generation Figma UI might work
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience with design tools.
- Have deep user empathy and are able to build relationships with key customers.
- Can balance user research, data analysis, your team’s input, and your instincts in the decision making process.
- Take a proactive approach to building relationships with other teams
- Have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
Product management jobs at figma
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.