Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As Figma’s People Ops Associate you’ll be a key player in building processes and programs to support our People Operations strategy during a dynamic and high growth phase. You’ll leverage your extraordinary attention to detail to support day to day operations for the employee lifecycle (onboarding to offboarding) while providing excellent support to Figmates globally.
If you’re excited about growing your People Operations experience in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment by supporting and improving all People functions, then this might be the role for you!
This role can be held from either our San Francisco or New York hub.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Act as an initial point of contact for a wide range of questions covering topics like benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, new hires and People systems
- Build and execute processes supporting the employee lifecycle including onboarding, transfers, global expansions, offboarding, and more
- Organize and manage logistics for new hire orientation, on-boarding workflows, and additional training programs
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within our HRIS system including new hire paperwork (I-9s), employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, and leaves of absence
- Maintain data integrity in our HR systems with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality to ensure compliance with global regulations
- Manage global immigration cases alongside our external immigration counsel
- Support enrollment and change management for employee benefits
- Support global HR initiatives and interface with the Global People Ops team
- Working with People Operations to maintain security, process and documentation for audits
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience working in HR/Recruiting as a Coordinator or Associate, preferably in a startup environment
- Love building and executing HR processes during a time of high growth
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills along with high attention to detail
- Experience with HRIS & ATS systems (bonus if you have used Greenhouse and Workday)
- Strong follow-up/follow-through skills, and ability to anticipate potential issues/know when to escalate
- A roll up your sleeves mentality with excitement to research and learn what you don’t know
- A creative and optimistic approach to your work–you generally think “why not?” instead of just “why?”
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.