Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with over 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work.
The Studio Strategy & Analysis (SS&A) team works closely with our Netflix Studio team to develop strategy and support the execution of that vision. The Netflix Studio is the largest studio in the world producing Netflix original series and films. The SS&A team works closely with our partners in production management, innovation, creative services, labor relations, and facilities planning to provide insightful and strategic guidance on core business decisions. SS&A is a high-impact group within the organization that works on strategic initiatives that cut across functions and markets. This role would serve as the team’s first in-region resource with the opportunity to shape the vision of the expanding Netflix Studio.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Lead the analysis and valuation of new deals in partnership with the physical production, post and other key studio divisions to facilitate decision making and timely execution
- Develop country level long-term studio strategies, facilities and resource plans and support the execution of those deals
- We are looking for a manager who can grow with us over time with the ability to scale team resources and manage analyst(s): establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. Candidates must be excellent at crafting, presenting, and socializing complex ideas, recommendations and insights to broad stakeholder groups.
- Ideal candidates will have 6+ years of experience or MBA and a proven track record of superior financial modeling, data analysis, and strategic planning, including prior experience in consulting, finance and/or strategy-related roles.
- Ideally at least a year of experience in TV or film production or adjacent finance- or strategy-related roles, especially those focused on leading operational and supply chain improvement.
- The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must be a solutions oriented problem solver with a focus on generating impact.
- This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential, including demonstrated cross-cultural understanding and intelligence.