Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 210 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group is looking for a Manager to lead the Studio FP&A team in support of Studio Operations in EMEA. With functions including production management, post production, VFX, music production, and more, Studio Operations is responsible for the production of Netflix’s global original content. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the Studio Operations team and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company’s rapidly expanding production capabilities across EMEA including sound stage facilities, post production and digital production operations.
This position will reside within either the company’s London or Amsterdam offices.
- Manage the near-term and long-term P&L and cash forecasts coordinating activities across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups.
- Oversee studio internal and external resource planning forecasting for the Studio teams.
- Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Studio leads and FP&A consolidations team to identify potential shortfalls, surpluses and tradeoffs.
- Work with senior leadership within the Studio organization to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
- Thought partner to Studio executives as they lead negotiations with external entities
- Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
- Synthesize large datasets to consumable executive summaries for stakeholders.
- Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
- Drive improvements to current financial reporting and tooling resources for the department.
- Support the enhancement roadmap and roll-out for financial forecasting systems/tools
- Build and lead a high-performing FP&A team to support the Studio
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
- Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, investment banking, or public accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
- The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. One must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred
- Experience leading and building teams
- Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience is a plus.
- Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.