This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 200 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it’s a great time to join Netflix. The Netflix Production Safety Manager candidate will support our health & safety function within Netflix’s Original Productions across all of our content verticals. This role is responsible for health and safety consulting for Netflix productions and studio facilities. Reporting into the Lead Manager of Production Safety, this role partners closely with regional Production Management, Legal, and Risk Management teams.
- Provides health & safety consulting services to Netflix’s global productions – focusing primarily on the UK Original productions
- Building a safety program from the ground up to ensure safety needs are met while understanding the nuance of local production practices.
- Assess gaps and opportunities for regional production safety needs, internally and externally.
- Contributes to the development of Global Production Safety Guidelines, while advocating for the local requirements within the UK and EMEA region.
- Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks as required.
- Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Managers and other production staff
- Works directly with the Production in their planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, recommending appropriate vendors, and overseeing high-risk activities, as needed.
- Evaluates production plans for safety issues
- Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in their implementation
- Proactive in the coordination of discussions surrounding production issues and concerns relating to safety
- Investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Oversees production employee health & safety training by third party Production companies
- Works independently without direct management supervision
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
- At least 8 years of working experience in Health and Safety sector ideally both in the UK and internationally
- Knowledge of the UK and international health & safety and environmental regulations, vendors and safety consultancies
- Previous experience in film and TV production could be beneficial however we are looking for someone who has come from a non formal and fast paced industry background
- Professional safety qualifications are an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Learn quickly and adjust to rapidly changing environments
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of people to assess and develop safety solutions on productions locally
- Question and challenge the traditional approaches to health and safety and balance risk taking with reward.
- Determine the applicable regulations in locations where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
- Quickly recognize and resolve various production safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
- Demonstrate leadership with all subjects relating to safety
- Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions, and studio personnel
- Travel internationally and domestically (when possible)