Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The N-Tech Operations Manager for the Benelux, Nordics, and Central Eastern Europe regions, will be responsible for overseeing the growth, development, and day-to-day operations of the Netflix Technology Services team based in these markets, coordinating assignments for production facilities, and managing day-to-day logistics for technical support at Netflix owned and operated facilities. They will ensure our teammates stay up to date on effective operational methods for our users and maintain alignment between both our corporate and studio stakeholders within the specific sub-regions of EMEA.
Due to the fluid nature of the business, the N-Tech Operations Manager should be capable of thriving in ambiguity and should have a solid track record of being able to operate and maneuver with autonomy.
- A strong foundational understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, SaaS applications, and operations with a strong preference for Google G Suite experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows OS, Linux, and various applications
- Keen understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions.
- Familiarity with current Production, Post, VFX, Production Accounting workflows and how technology is used as well as knowledge of Production/Post Production infrastructure requirements.
- Comfortable managing technical service partners and vendors to deliver services on behalf of the team.
- Mobile device support including iPhone, Android, Windows.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amidst chaos.
- Experience with supporting people remotely.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps Script or other scripting languages is a big plus.
- Develop the on-site Operations & Support and Business Operations members to best support the technology needs of our employees.
- Advocate for improving Netflix employee productivity.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders and cross-functional partners such as infosec, Workplace, Open Connect.
- Work with senior executives across the organization to understand and solve the technical challenges and needs of their respective groups.
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to understand market nuances that may influence product roadmaps.
- Navigate roadblocks for the team using great judgment to deliver an amazing tech support experience.
- Empower teams to innovate and create an agile environment that supports change.
- Develop a support roadmap that is in sync with the vision of the broader N-Tech organization.
- Enable a simple and streamlined user-facing team for all technical requests.
- Constantly innovate to improve the employee self-service experience (i.e. development of self-service tools, education, and intranet/knowledgebase).
- Write articulate memos to socialize and gather feedback on new ideas, proposed tests, and to gain broader alignment on key tech support decisions.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure that we build a team that adheres to Netflix’s commitment to fostering an inclusive culture.