Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
In this role as Growth Marketing Manager, EMEA, you will be responsible for creating and executing a growth optimisation strategy across all acquisition and customer engagement channels in EMEA. To do this you will identify opportunities for growth within all marketing programs and tactics with a test and learn focus – and relentlessly seek to optimise.
This role works closely with the EMEA Marketing Director and cross-functionally with the Marketing teams in San Francisco with the goal of scaling omni-channel growth in EMEA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Audit regional marketing programs for growth gaps and optimisation opportunities (including analysing regional web traffic, customer journeys, performance marketing, X-sell CRM automation flows, and B2B thought leadership content)
- Identify growth opportunities across EMEA marketing programs and key markets, build the growth strategy and execute against the plan with an ongoing test and learn focus
- Optimise demand generation to reach and exceed quarterly revenue and business KPIs, driving new customer acquisition, improving user experience and increasing revenue
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day management of the EMEA Growth programs and initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Optimising persona marketing (ie, in CRM flows, Marketo automation)
- Identifying gaps across all acquisition channels (from product sign up flow to content)
- Working across the full B2B lead generation and nurture funnel, from initiating to reporting on growth initiatives.
- Own paid performance strategy and lead EMEA paid performance partners, focusing on optimising value across paid channels
- Report on regional paid performance and growth metrics (MQL, Web traffic, CPL, conversion monitoring)
- Leading EMEA growth-related budget, partners, agencies or freelancers
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional partners, including Global Marketing, Data Science team and EMEA Content Manager on integrated marketing initiatives, data and analytics, and growth-focused Thought Leadership content, as well as work with regional marketeers on testing key initiatives in target countries
- Work with other EMEA marketing leaders to ensure the relevance and long-term business impact of content, events, specific regional marketing initiatives and key product launches.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in a B2B Demand Generation, SaaS and/or B2B Digital Marketing position
- Solid understanding of SEM, SEO and performance marketing channels and optimisation
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot or other CRM demand generation platforms
- Track record of working with performance agencies and freelancers
- Shown success in increasing growth (MQLs/SALs/conversions) in region
- Excellent communication skills
- A strategic mindset and a curious nature
- Business fluency in either German, Russian or French language is a plus
- At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.