Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
At Figma, we believe in the power of connecting with our users, both in the browser and in real life.We’re looking for someone who is interested in helping us broaden our reach by organizing meaningful and thoughtful community programs.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for Events and Sales to join our team. As an Events Manager, you’ll be part of the Marketing Team and partner closely with Sales, Product, and Customer Success to align marketing activities to our business goals. You’ll execute(in-person and virtual) events including livestreams, virtual workshops/demos, field events and meetups, and partner experiences.
This is a full time role that must be held from our San Francisco hub.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Execute field marketing events in North America
- Work cross-collaboratively to plan (virtual and IRL) fields events including: livestreams, weekly product demo webinars, regional meetups, and tailored programs as part of our global conference
- Work with the team to measure the impact of field events on business priorities, key markets and customer needs
- Translate Figma’s brand, culture, and vision into field events that delight attendees and drive key business objectives
- Plan and executing field events from start to finish, including: calendaring, travel, invitations, swag/giveaways, and attendee management
- Partner with the Growth Marketing Team to track and measure the success of field events and develop strategic and thoughtful lead nurture plans
- Develop close relationships with our customers and work closely with champions, admins, speakers, and user group organizers to co-plan community events
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Events experience, including planning events big and small that bring people together
- Great attention to detail. You like planning trips and thinking through all the components. You sweat the small stuff and leave no detail untouched
- A knack for organization and bringing people into the process with clear visibility into your work. You would represent the Figma brand well from behind-the-scenes event execution to in-person coordination and communication with customers, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- A creative mind who likes bringing new ideas to existing projects and continuously pushes the team to try new things
- A love of bringing people together. Working with people outside of your team and outside of the company excites you. You like collaborating with new people and figuring problems out together
- Comfort-level with up to 25% travel (when safe to do so)
Some projects you could work on:
- Build a new process for planning field events, including event request forms, invitation management, social templates, and follow up emails
- Work closely with the sales team to identify accounts/customers to showcase at Figma events
- Evaluate our approach to customer swag and develop a process to brings more swag to more customers more often
- Develop new ways to engage Config customers before and after our global user conference
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.