Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are building out our Developer Experience team with the goal of making Figma’s engineers happy and productive. This team is responsible for creating tools, processes and infrastructure to help Figma engineering iterate faster and ship high quality code. This is a unique opportunity to start with a blank canvas and define the vision for the team. You will build and lead the engineers responsible for scaling and evolving Figma’s development environments, continuous integration/deployment pipeline and general frameworks used by Figma engineers every day.
We are looking for engineering leaders who are passionate about solving engineering productivity challenges and have deep empathy for developer experience.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of engineers who design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s software development workflow.
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Developer Experience team.
- Work closely with Figma’s engineering teams to help improve developer workflows through rapid iteration.
- Collaborate with your team to build the large-scale distributed systems that powers Figma.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community that ships scalable tools and infrastructure, reporting to the Director of Infrastructure.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience managing high output engineering teams
- Experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- Experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- A passion and unwavering commitment to improving engineering productivity
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Some projects you could work on:
- Create a seamless and frictionless experience for engineers as they write, share, review and merge code through automated tooling, new infrastructure, and new processes.
- Shorten feedback loop for engineers by significantly speeding up build and test pipelines.
Read more about our team:
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.