Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for a leader who is excited about the challenges that come with rapid growth and passionate about connecting people together through a positive and inclusive culture. As the Director of Editor Platform Engineering at Figma, you will lead the group of teams responsible for developing the engine that powers our creative tools. These teams develop Figma’s proprietary Rendering, Animation, Multiplayer, SceneGraph, and Extensibility technologies on top of bleeding edge browser APIs like WebGL and WASM. The ideal leader for this role is excited about scaling teams and growing leaders who are investing in core technology advancements.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of EMs and engineers who focus on platform engineering efforts around our creative tools, spanning rich client and server technologies.
- Partner with other cross functional leaders to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Editor Platform pillar.
- Work closely with Product, Research, Design, and Data to build the foundation for our product offerings.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community reporting to the VPE.
Some projects you could work on:
- Spinning up a new team to focus on providing richer extensibility models for plugin authors.
- Partnering with senior technical leaders to develop new approaches to file loading and delivery that enable Figma documents of increasingly large sizes to be viewed and loaded quickly.
- Developing roadmaps that accelerate feature development for our creative tools teams.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years experience managing both individual contributors and engineering leaders
- A product mindset that enables you to work effectively with cross functional peers
- Experience scaling services and teams in high growth environments
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- The ability to support and grow senior ICs and managers
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.