DataCamp has always been about building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. However, many of our learners face significant struggles as they start actually doing data work. From setting up your machine, over proper sharing controls and collaboration, to deploying insights for others to see and figuring out which insights are still up to date: the full data science workflow is daunting for the citizen data scientist.
Just like learning data science, doing data science work should be easy, enjoyable, and collaborative. With DataCamp Workspace, we want to enable anyone, from anywhere and on any device, to access relevant data online, and to create visualizations, reports, and dashboards from their favorite tool or IDE and share it with fellow data professionals. We want to enable teams to seamlessly collaborate online in real time as well as asynchronously. We want teams to have basic version and quality control automatically built in. The end result should be a centralized insights layer for organizations of any size. In other words, we want to make it as easy to do data science on your own (or your company’s) data as it is to take a DataCamp course. Check out this blog post for more background information about why we’re building DataCamp Workspace.
We are looking for a Director of Product & Technology to own all product-led and marketing-led growth initiatives to boost user adoption and virality of DataCamp Workspace. If you like challenges, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to compete with much larger organizations, continue reading.
- Define an all-encompassing strategy to boost adoption and virality of DataCamp Workspace. This includes:
- Defining and executing on a content roadmap with highly engaging content that makes it easy for users to get started with new projects.
- Owning the logged-out marketing pages for DataCamp Workspace to clearly communicate current and future functionality, tailoring the messaging to the type of user.
- Product improvements to enhance SEO, discoverability and shareability of workspace templates, workspaces and workspace publications.
- Tweaking the onboarding flow, both in-app as well as through email flows and notifications.
- Manage a cross-functional team consisting of software developers, content developers, and data science evangelists to execute on this strategy.
- Work closely with Workspace’s Head of Experience to ensure growth initiatives and core product initiatives are aligned and mutually supportive.
- Work closely with marketing and product marketing for paid advertisement campaigns, language on logged-out marketing pages, and community building.
- Have a need for speed. Be impatient and crave results as quickly as possible, while keeping morale high. Improve iteratively as opposed to placing big, long-term bets.
- Determine and follow-through on your team’s metrics for success while cultivating collaboration and alignment. This includes creating and managing a data-driven framework to measure the success of new and existing initiatives (engagement metrics, etc.).
- Using data (writing scripts if needed) and running A/B tests to inform user-centric product decisions.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 3+ years of experience in managing product- and content-led growth initiatives to bring a new technical software product to market.
- Has 2+ years of experience in managing agile teams.
- Has a strong focus on numbers in order to tell which initiatives are driving growth.
- Has an interest in data science and online education.
- Can operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects.
- Is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Has a strong command of English and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Is collaborative and motivated, with ability to execute swiftly.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Stock options
- A well-organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!)
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.