Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As Figma’s first Director of HR in EMEA, you’ll be a key part of supporting Figma’s most precious resource—its employees. As a senior member of the global People team—acting as a mentor and advocate for employees at all career levels—and you’ll demonstrate your experience and creativity to build systems and resources to allow people to do their best work, day in and day out. As our UK entity is relatively new (about a year old), you’ll also be partnering with our external HR partners/vendors to ensure that our core EMEA HR operations are in excellent shape.
As a culture champion, you will lead by example, and your mentorship, patience, and insights will help foster our mission to make Figma a deeply inclusive environment. You’ll work hand-in-hand with Figma managers on the people programs that let us develop and retain Figmates, from performance management to supplementary learning and beyond; and you’ll partner with the broader HR leadership team to implement, stand-up and support all international locations.
As part of a small but thriving team, you’ll have the chance to create a huge impact—if you thrive when helping others learn and grow, this just might be the role for you.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters, such as organisational/team development, employee relations, etc.
- Advise and mentor employees of all levels on matters relating to work development, engagement, conflicts, and more.
- Bolster our company culture in all interactions by modelling and instilling our values and promoting a culture of healthy communication.
- Work collaboratively with other People Partners to provide consistent and cohesive execution of HR programs such as performance management, DE&I initiatives, compensation/promotion cycles, and talent development.
- Partner with Finance and Recruiting on resource planning and headcount management.
- Regularly assess organisational climate, engagement, and efficiencies, and seek opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Figma’s EMEA leaders to innovate and own cross-functional projects to support Figma’s European employees.
- Roll up your sleeves alongside our external vendors to build out the core HR foundations in our relatively new UK entity.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrable experience in the EMEA market in a relevant People Ops/HR role; ideally in a thriving company
- Strong and broad capability across HR proficiencies, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, compliance, coaching, organisational change, and program development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law/compliance regulations for the UK (ideally also wider EMEA region and APAC a bonus); proven track record of working with external partners to supplement your compliance knowledge/execution.
- Passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout all people programs
- Superb oral and written communicator to many different audiences; you “read the room” and can be trusted to message anything with care and confidence.
- Detailed and discreet—you are a rock-solid partner across the org, and people know they can trust you with sensitive information.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.