Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionising the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma’s platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
At Figma we are creating a community of practice where our users can connect, learn, and advance their skills through sharing with each other. Our Designer Advocates are at the core of our Figma Community — online, in written and video content, and in live interactions with our users. This Designer Advocate will be a key partner to support our EMEA sales and Marketing teams in helping add design credibility and product knowledge to our messaging and conversations with users and new teams looking to adopt Figma. If you love Figma and already find yourself already advocating Figma to everyone you know, reach out!
This role can be held remotely from the UK, Germany, or France.
What you’ll be doing:
- Enable Figma users at scale: Write best practice guides, create resources, and host live streams to help our users better understand how to use the tool and encourage others to share their learnings and experiences
- Sales enablement: For key high value accounts, join sales demos to explain the product, share best practices, and answer in-depth questions.
- Motivate and empower the community: Maintain and build relationships with users in the community and identify opportunities to collaborate.
- Events: Speak regularly at meet ups and conferences. Support Figma community advocates managing events worldwide
- Advocate for users with product team. Keep a pulse on community sentiment on product releases and emerging themes. Share product feedback from community with PM & Design in an organised, systematic way. Act as trusted advisor for launches to prepare for community reaction.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Figma expertise and real world experience using it within a team
- Passion for interacting with the design community and comfort presenting to large groups of people
- Knowledge of product design workflows and is well versed in design systems (in Figma and more broadly)
- An understanding of the evolving challenges of design teams at scale and how designers work with design adjacent roles
- A technical design background and ability to get into the fine details of interface design
- An entrepreneurial mindset and joy for iterating on projects from early experimental ideas through to completion
- Comfort-level with up to 25% of travel (post-COVID)
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Design and build a new Figma Workshop around a theme or topic
- Work closely with a large customer to support their trial with Q&A sessions and workshops
- Figma file resources that could be used to help someone get started using Figma
- Livestream/video content to help share user stories and best practices with the greater community
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.