DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role
As a fast-growing startup, data-driven marketing is key to our success. Our B2B Demand Generation Team is looking for a Data Scientist to help us design and develop intelligent capabilities to improve marketing campaign performance. This position would report to the VP of Demand Generation and will work closely with data scientists across DataCamp.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for everything related to the researching, tracking, and reporting of our B2B demand generation funnel.
- Work with engineering and sales/marketing operations to ensure our B2B demand generation data is precisely specified, understood and consistent.
- Continuously monitor, report and optimize user acquisition and ad engagement by tracking key metrics.
- Collaboratively design and build B2B marketing campaign features, such as marketing collateral recommendations, to improve efficacy and effectiveness, leveraging your expertise in data science.
- Perform, analyze, and communicate A/B tests focused on acquisition, engagement and efficacy.
- Work closely with marketers, marketing operators, and product marketing managers to deliver value
Our ideal candidate:
- Holds a Bachelors or Masters in quantitative field
- Has 3+ years experience as a data scientist, of which 1+ years in a B2B SaaS company
- Has 2+ years of domain knowledge working with sales and marketing data from social media strategies, digital marketing campaigns, paid performance marketing, and tools such as Salesforce and Marketo.
- Is highly skilled in R and/or Python + SQL.
- Demonstrable skills in creative problem solving with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in Machine Learning is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary and stock options.
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a personal development budget and external training.
- Flexible hours.
- International company retreats (when the world opens up!).
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.