Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with around 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix’s International Original Film business & legal affairs team is looking for an experienced lawyer to join the London based team responsible for supporting Netflix film development and production in the UK and across Europe.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working alongside other BLA team members and cross-functionally on a wide range of business and legal affairs matters during the life cycle of a film.
- Reviewing chain of title; drafting and negotiating key development and production agreements
- Drafting and negotiating commissioning, co-production and/or licence agreements.
- Working alongside and collaborating with third party production companies to ensure compliance with Netflix requirements.
- Liaising with cross functional teams to ensure alignment and efficient information flow.
- Overall, advising on any business and commercial issues.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a media law firm, film or television production company and ideally English law qualified.
- Good knowledge of the UK film production landscape, industry norms and union agreements.
- Some experience of European film production would be advantageous (but non essential) as would any European language skills.
- Experience drafting and/or negotiating development and production deals and/or contracts.
- Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Adept at developing and fostering relationships both internally and with counterparts within relevant production communities.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
- Commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. The Netflix culture is a critical foundation of how we work.