Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
In this role as Content Marketing Manager, you will build and execute a multi-channel, multi-buyer, through funnel content marketing strategy that will include everything from managing content campaigns and an editorial calendar to producing web videos, case studies and writing performance ads or long-form content for SEO.
This role works cross-functionally with the Marketing teams in San Francisco with the goal of educating our key buyers, driving product awareness, generating leads and helping retain clients.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Create, develop and execute a Content Marketing Strategy for EMEA including content pillars, an editorial calendar and success metrics to generate compelling content, increase awareness, drive leads and engage Figma’s thriving community
- Manage content research requirements, sourcing relevant partners to support the development of a range of through-funnel assets, ranging from email, videos, blog posts, whitepapers, webinars and case studies according to budget
- Identify key personas and create captivating targeted narratives to better address each buyer across our key markets and key verticals
- Prioritise persona narratives and develop success metric and strategic approach by persona
- Create and manage regional editorial calendar for content planning and production, and perform regular content audits for content gap analysis
- Analyse regional website traffic and SEO and communications trends to uncover content opportunities for Figma to position itself as a trusted thought leader
- Spearhead ideation and production of content including eBooks, infographics, video content and blog posts; effectively work with partners to develop content ensuring on-brand messaging, tone of voice and effective A/B testing approach in local language
- Jump in and get hands dirty when required – proofreading, tweaking, mending and up levelling content if necessary.
- Recruit, enable and activate stakeholders across the organisations and within the Figma community to share and produce additional content (e.g. contributions to our blog, case studies, etc ) to amplify our reach while aligning to the overarching content themes.
- Manage the translation or transcreation of a range of content across the key languages in region through agency and freelance management to help scale into different regions
- Collaborate and share best practices with Marketing counterparts globally to gain leverage, scale impact and ensure consistency of tone and language across the full customer lifecycle
- Work closely with all Marketing functions to define and drive product and educational narratives and collaborate on integrated marketing initiatives
- Measure and optimise contribution to the EMEA business, and communicate results to internal stakeholders
- Effectively lead the sourcing and management of all content agencies and freelancers from rate negotiation, to brand and tone of voice training through to performance analysis and optimisation strategy
- Ensure content marketing deliverables are consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing, EMEA and collaborate with the EMEA Marketing Leaders to ensure holistic approach to online and physical events and the optimisation of our performance marketing content across channels.
- Effectively manage ad-hoc content requests as and when they arise
- Work with the PR agency in region to ensure alignment on themes and leverage the content created
- Act as a leader within the EMEA Marketing team to drive the success and strategic direction of the business in region
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience with a track record of creating successful content strategies
- Experience in B2B content and a strong understanding of paid and organic media channels and how they relate to content and campaign promotion and amplification
- A can-do solutions approach to getting things done in a timely way
- Budget & Agency management experience
- Experience building content marketing plans across multiple geographies, taking key regional differences (e.g. based on market maturity, brand awareness, purchasing behaviour) into consideration
- Strong listening and facilitation skills, a passion for storytelling with attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- An understanding of the digital landscape and its impact on the future of the content marketing industry
- Excellent command of English language and grammar alongside excellent communication skills and first-class editing skills
Read more about our team
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.