Risi was habitable already, but had some important projects before two people could live aboard full time with a cat:
- Create companionway door that lets sunlight and air through, but keeps Kiki inside. Progress. Complete!
- Create shelved storage behind settee backs. Inspiration. Progress. Complete!
- Troubleshoot icebox cold plate. Complete!
- Create litter box area for Kiki. Complete!
- Replace head and all tubing. Progress. Complete!
- Replace all old, worn lines and cordage.
- Add GFCI outlet in galley, add regular outlet in V-berth. Complete!
- Haul out, pressure wash, assess fiberglass condition, and repaint. Complete!
- Replace galley faucet. Complete!
- Install a grill. Complete (video)!
- Install more lighting in galley and cabin. Complete!
- Rewire autopilot, radio, and bilge switches. Complete!
- Replace lighting fixture in head. Complete!
- Assess condensation behind cabin wood panels and insulation. Complete!
- Sneak more storage solutions in small spaces. Inspiration.
- Create shelved storage behind cabin table. Complete!
- Replace cabin table with solid wood top and new leg(s). Progress. Complete!
- Modify plates cubby, install toaster oven. Complete!
- Inspect anchor, chain, rope, and then apply Herculiner to the locker. Progress!
- Rework the cockpit locker to contain propane tank with drain.
- Clean bilge (ugh).
- Pockets in key areas like the V-berth. Inspiration. Complete!
- Lifesling covers for Risi and the Osprey. Osprey’s is complete! Risi’s is complete!
- Sell and donate all furniture and stuff we don’t want in a future home. Complete!
- Transition Kiki into boat life by spending a couple cat-centric weekends on Risi. Progress. Complete!
- Switch to baggie system for storing kitchen spices. Complete!
Long term projects:
- Convert or replace diesel tank for gasoline outboard engine. Complete!
- Remove seized Westerbeke engine and replace with storage or fix it completely.
- Replace fiberglass hatch with plexiglass.
- Add more table surfaces. Inspiration.